Orators' English Club
LEVEL-2 ENGLISH ORATOR
English Speaking and Oratory Course
Targeting to become a fluent speaker of English language, this course is the SECOND STEP which introduces the commonly used essential principles of English language, including basic grammar and essential vocabulary. Participants are required to combine these three major areas in direct supervision of the teachers and apply the learnt skills at their knowledge levels, based on their age, and academic standards. They will start after completing the LEVEL 1 COURSE. By the end of the course, they can speak error-free English matching their maturity levels.
The Second Level Course will introduce the Communication Theory and provide practical lessons to deal with the Group communication activities such as conversations in Meetings, Debates, Arguments, Symposium, Conference and attending or conducting Interviews.
It will prepare them to present professionally using PowerPoint and similar tools onscreen.
They will be tested at the end through project submission based on Presentations, Webinars, Interviews, TV Programmes, or Newspapers.
They will start after completing the LEVEL 1 COURSE.
UNIT-1. COMMUNICATION THEORY
1. Principles of Communication : Nature, Importance & Types
1. Concept and Nature
2. Principles and Objectives
4. Role of internal & external , formal & informal communication.
5. Types-verbal & nonverbal , introduction to document & aids like letters, circulars, reports, faxes, emails.
2. Barriers to Communication
1. Noise as barrier
2. Types of noise barriers
3. Language as a barrier
4. Organisational structures as barriers
5. Personal & Psychological barriers
UNIT-2. GROUP COMMUNICATION
1. Meaning & Nature of Groups
1. Types of Groups: Small & large, primary, and secondary, formal & informal.
2. Channels and Network of communication
3. Modes of group communication: Seminars, Group Discussions, Workshop, etc.
2. Principles of Group Discussion
• Definition and purpose
• Taking command of a Group Discussion
• How to keep Group Discussion energized
• Body language during Group Discussion
• Personality traits evaluated in Group Discussion
• Mock Group Discussions & Webinars
UNIT-3 PRE-JOB TRAINING
1. Listening + Reading Comprehension/Telephonic skill(oral communication+listening Practice)
3. Specific activities in writing skills.
• Writing Business letter
• Writing Minutes
• Writing Application for Jobs.
• CV/Resume/Biodata/Profile Writing
• LinkedIn Account Management
UNIT-4 PRESENTATION SKILLS
1. Planning & Structuring Presentation
2. Tricks to develop rapport with the audience and diverse types of audiences.
3. Effective use of Chalk & talk, OHP, LCD, and similar communication devices.
4. Flair in using Power point, Zoom, Internet, and Windows OS to support communication.
UNIT-5 PROJECT BASED ON PRESENTATION, WEBINAR, INTERVIEWS, TV PROGRAMME, OR NEWSPAPERS.
A Sample Lecture Topic
L1 ENGLISH ORATOR
The FIRST LEVEL introducing the basic principles of Speaking
Valid for 8 weeks
Unit-1 Basic Phonetics
Unit-2 Classification of Lexis
Unit-3 Grammar & Accuracy
Unit-4 Reading, Writing, Listening Skills & Speaking Skill
Unit-5 Principles of Public Speaking
Unit-6 Situational Vocabulary & Range of Expressions
Unit-7 Objection Handling & Nature of Audience
Unit-8 Understanding Body Language
L2 ENGLISH ORATOR
SECOND PHASE introducing the essentials of Spoken English
Valid for 5 weeks
Unit-1. The Communication Theory
Unit-2. Group Communication - Understanding the Audience
Unit-3 Speech-making & Assessment
Unit-4 Essential Presentation Skills
Unit-5 Use of Computers in Creating Presentations
Unit-6 Use of Multimedia Devices
Unit-7 Project: Presentation, Webinar, Events
L3 ENGLISH ORATOR
The THIRD PHASE exposing the principles of Public Speaking
Valid for 6 weeks
Unit-1. Understanding The Need for Public Speaking
Unit-2. Understanding The Successful Speech Styles
Unit-3. Listening To the Famous Orators of The World
Unit-4. Practicing The Revered English Speech Skills
Unit-5. Practicing for Fluency, Discretion, Conviction, etc.
Unit-6. Project Based on Speech Making, Monologue, Dialogue,
Unit-7. Certification by ADACALL and IELTS Counsellor.
Combined course for three levels of English Orators
Valid for 4 months
Let your children speak for future.
Let them be the perfect communicators
Let them exhibit command over English
Contens include everything from EO1, EO2, and EO3
Three End-Semester Projects
Placement Offers in Sales, Marketing, PR, CRM, and HRM.