Orators' English Club
LEVEL-1 ENGLISH ORATOR
English Speaking and Oratory Course
Targeting to become a fluent speaker of English language, this course is the FIRST STEP which introduces the basic principles of English language, including basic grammar and essential vocabulary. Participants are required to combine these three major areas in direct supervision of the teachers and apply the learnt skills at their knowledge levels, based on their age, and academic standards. They will start from scratch and by the end of the course, they can speak error-free English matching their maturity levels.
The FIRST level will create the foundations of English with focus on the essentials of speech making process. The lessons will handle the practicalities of problems faced by the young learners.
To give them confidence, the fear of accent, erratic pronunciation, and grammatical concepts will be removed to support them read, write, and listen confidently, at their maturity level.
UNIT-1 BASIC PHONETICS
(a) Consonants and Vowel Sounds.
(b) Phoneme & syllable (Introduction to stress, accent & intonation)
• Definition and Scope
• Speech Mechanism :An introduction
• Description of Human vocal organs: Active & Passive Articulators.
• Phonemes and syllables (Introduction, to stress, accent & intonation)
• Consonants of English-Definition and Description w.r.t. to Tongue Lips and soft plate position.
1. Pure Vowel/monophthongs (Front, central and back, open and closed, short and long, strong, and Weak, Rounded, and unrounded)
2. Vowel Glides /Diphthongs(closing and cantering)
3. Phonetic transcription using IPA symbols – words, features of connected speech (Intonation, assimilation of consonant cluster, weak forms) spelling patterns of English.
1. Verb Forms and Tense
2. Subject Verb Agreement
3. Voice - Active and Passive
4. Antonyms and their use
5. Synonyms and their use
6. Prefix and Suffix - Word formation
7. Parts of Speech and their rules
8. Narration - Direct and Indirect
9. Writing fluently on a given topic
UNIT-4 WRITING SKILLS
1. Composing simple paragraph-Ordering information in a logical manner (coherence).
2. Essay Writing (250 words)-Argumentative, Narrative, Descriptive, Imaginative.
3. Writing Advertisement
4. Writing Welcome Speech & Vote of Thanks.
UNIT-5 PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC SPEAKING
1. Definition and Purpose
4. Helpful Expressions of Introduction & Conclusion
5. Taking Command of audience attention span
6. Role of Accent , Tone ,Intonation
7. Body Language
8. Types :Speech, Elocution, Extempore, debate, etc.
9. Personality Traits assessed.
10. Combating common fears & nervousness on stage.
UNIT-6 EXTENSIVE SPEAKING PRACTICE ON A RANGE OF SCENARIOS, RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING TILL END OF THE COURSE.
A Sample Lecture Topic
L1 ENGLISH ORATOR
The FIRST LEVEL introducing the basic principles of Speaking
Valid for 8 weeks
Unit-1 Basic Phonetics
Unit-2 Classification of Lexis
Unit-3 Grammar & Accuracy
Unit-4 Reading, Writing, Listening Skills & Speaking Skill
Unit-5 Principles of Public Speaking
Unit-6 Situational Vocabulary & Range of Expressions
Unit-7 Objection Handling & Nature of Audience
Unit-8 Understanding Body Language
L2 ENGLISH ORATOR
SECOND PHASE introducing the essentials of Spoken English
Valid for 5 weeks
Unit-1. The Communication Theory
Unit-2. Group Communication - Understanding the Audience
Unit-3 Speech-making & Assessment
Unit-4 Essential Presentation Skills
Unit-5 Use of Computers in Creating Presentations
Unit-6 Use of Multimedia Devices
Unit-7 Project: Presentation, Webinar, Events
L3 ENGLISH ORATOR
The THIRD PHASE exposing the principles of Public Speaking
Valid for 6 weeks
Unit-1. Understanding The Need for Public Speaking
Unit-2. Understanding The Successful Speech Styles
Unit-3. Listening To the Famous Orators of The World
Unit-4. Practicing The Revered English Speech Skills
Unit-5. Practicing for Fluency, Discretion, Conviction, etc.
Unit-6. Project Based on Speech Making, Monologue, Dialogue,
Unit-7. Certification by ADACALL and IELTS Counsellor.
Combined course for three levels of English Orators
Valid for 4 months
Let your children speak for future.
Let them be the perfect communicators
Let them exhibit command over English
Contens include everything from EO1, EO2, and EO3
Three End-Semester Projects
Placement Offers in Sales, Marketing, PR, CRM, and HRM.